Top 7 Steps to Getting Skin Like Miss Universe
There are seven major lifestyle changes that can be made to help you find your inner Miss Universe. By applying the following steps to your daily routine, you are guaranteed to emerge with that glow and shine that so many of this years Miss Universe contestants had.
1. Drink lots of water. Miss Jamaica, Yendi Phillips, is known for always drinking tons of glasses of water and herbal teas before, after and during interviews. Over 50% of the human body is composed of water and this needs constant replenishing – dehydration will decrease energy levels leading you to a more sedentary, unhealthy lifestyle. Aim for 8 glasses a day!
2. Wear Sunscreen. During the lake tour, the Miss Universe contestants pulled out their sunscreen and lathered up. Health Canada confirms that too much exposure to UV radiation is likely to lead to sunburn, skin damage, sun spots, skin cancers, diseases of the eye, and immune suppression.
3. Exercise. There is always loads of time slotted for the contestants to take care of their bodies. Last year, Miss Australia promoted her routine which included a morning 6km swim and an additional 1.5 hours of fitness. Miss Alaska in 2004 relied on walking and rollerblading – integrating regular exercise into her everyday life. Miss USA 2010 sticks with the tried and true kickboxing, a hardcore toning and cardio workout. Health Canada insists that physical activity will better health and well-being by reducing stress, improving the vitality of the heart and lungs and increasing energy levels.
4. Healthy Eating: Eat your greens. Some contestants are vegans, others stick to low carb diets, but most admit to eating a fair share of fruits, vegetables and whole grain foods. Again we return to Health Canada recommendations that all people should invest in their food by carefully choosing a diversity of non-processed foods from all food groups such as fruit, vegetables, dairy and grains.
5. Avoid Chemicals: Steer clear of processed foods, skincare products and household cleaning products that are packed full of parabens, trans fats or artificial additives.
6. Use all natural skin care and body care products: Some women put hundreds of chemicals onto their skin every day just with their regular facial care routine and makeup application. The chemicals that make up many products such as Sodium Laureth Sulfate and parabens are known skin irritants and should be avoided at all costs. Instead, use all natural skin care products with essential oil bases that are nutrients not nuisances for your skin.
7. Help others. It is true that beauty comes from within. Many of the contestants are involved in charitable causes. Australian Jesinta Campbell is an ambassador for Muscle Sprouts, a children's charity that promotes healthy living and exercise. A little help goes a long way, for others, and yourself.
So its that easy. If you want to have Miss Trinidad and Tobago's' flawless skin or Miss Venezuela's porcelain smooth skin, try to integrate these changes into your everyday routine. Sooner than you can imagine, you will see marked differences not only in your skin, but in the way you feel when you roll out of bed every morning. You may just find your inner Miss Universe sooner than you ever imagined.
Monday, March 31, 2014
Top 7 Steps to Getting Skin Like Miss Universe
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Kicking off at 2pm at Beckett Park, this fixture is an away tie, so any Uni support would be welcomed by the players, in a game which has historically been tough for them. This season has been no different, as Uni sit 10 points below their rivals in the Premier North 1A, just one point from bottom-placed Chester. Any points gained here will be seen as a victory for Uni, following a narrow away defeat to Liverpool John Moores two weeks ago. The prospects for the womens squash team should be greater, however, as they look to book a place in the quarter finals of the national championships. Facing Midlands 1A side Nottingham Trent, Leeds will look to push their home advantage, and maintain their momentum from a strong start to their Premier North season. A last-eight tie with Cardiff Met awaits the victors. The womens rugby union side will hope to build on a solid start to their season in a mid-table clash with fellow Northern 1A side Manchester. So tight is the table, a victory would provide a huge boost to their prospects of both safety in the league next season, and a potential late promotion push to the Premier North. Elsewhere, the netball 2s face Hull at the Gryphon Centre, while the mens badminton 2s face York in The Edge, at 5pm and 2pm respectively. For more information on venues, times and fixtures, visit http://www.leedsgryphons.com/ Jamie Kirby
For the original version visit http://www.leedsstudent.org/2014/02/18/sport-bucs-preview-8/
Monday, February 17, 2014
No matter how bad a day might seem to be going, it often seems that a few select funny pictures can change the mood. Jokes, amusing stories, and other sources of comedy have their place, but those forms of entertainment and diversion sometimes appeal to only select types of individuals. Comedic images have a unique way to bridge every kind of human divide.
From the earliest days, amusing images have made people laugh. Fortunately, technology has progressed to the point where the simple drawings and portrayals of yesteryear are now available for mass consumption. Thus, the political cartoons and other comedy images that were once seen by only a few are now available to everyone. As a result, various types of amusing images now provide all mankind with a reason to laugh.
The cartoon as commentary
One of the most easily accessible types of graphic comedy is the cartoon. These can be found in daily newspapers, as well as in the pages of the many comic books that grace the bookstore shelves. These types of images cover everything from subtle political humor to social issues to simple puns and situational humor. With or without a deeper meaning, these hand-drawn images are a consistent source of entertainment and laughs.
In modern times, these images are most commonly found online. The list of sites that feature various types of amusing images is nearly endless, and viewers who take the time to search for various categories of humor are seldom disappointed. Often, a few seconds worth of time spent querying a search engine is all that is needed to brighten a day with humor.
At these websites, almost any type of comedy image can be found. In addition to various kinds of cartoons, viewers can also enjoy photographic images that poke fun at everything from politicians to athletes. Though some might take offense at some of the images, the fact remains that there is something for nearly everyone at these sites.
A word about animals
For many people, comedic images of animals provide the single greatest source of entertainment. These sort of images have been with us for many years, and most people can remember seeing one or more paintings of poker-playing dogs at different times in their lives. Fierce animals can be made to look silly, and beloved pets can be made to appear almost human. It is no wonder these images make up such a large portion of a broad comedic image world.
Come one, come all
Of course, the single greatest thing about this type of comedy is that everyone can participate. Thanks to the internet and the widespread use of email, an image seen by one person in one part of the world can be spread to millions within a matter of moments.
This availability has only served to further the communal nature of mankind, as humor now serves as a chain to bind different kinds of people together. There is nothing quite like a good laugh to bring people together. The continuing enjoyment provided by sharing these funny pictures is one of the best ways to foster that connection.